Oracle backups with backupexec 8.5

From: Jack Lobo <jlobo_at_apcoworldwide.com>
Date: 8 Aug 2001 10:51:13 -0700

Hi Everyone

I'm fairly new to Oracle but trying to help our database group with their backups. Im using Backupecec 8.5 on Windows 2000 server SP1. Oracle 8.1.5 runs on NT 4 w sp4. I've installed Oracle agent on the Backup server (uswdcbkp02) and a test installation of Oracle 8.1.5 on the oracle server (uswdcmgt02) with a Database named TEST - a default installation created using the Oracle wizard. The Oracle Agent 5.010 is installed and shows up in the BENT 8.5 window under Agents. It also shows the list of (what appear to be) directories named - DRSYS, INDX, OEM_REPOSITORY, RBS, SYSTEM, TEMP and USERS each containing a corresponding *.DBF file. The oracle agent is also installed on the oracle server and the location of the Archive logs and control files appropriately specified. When I run the backups I get the following errors in the log files with no real backups done. But then again, checking the oralce server I do not find any of the directories mentioned above. Does BENT 8.5 give on the option to change these directories to correctly backup oracle dbf files.? I did not find anything on Veritas KB.

Any ideas. Any help on this is appreciated.

Drive and media information from media mount: Changer Name:
Drive Name: QUANTUM 2
Media Slot: 0
Media Cartridge Label: Daily Diff_3
Targeted Media Set Name: Media Set 1

Job Operation - Backup
Media operation - overwrite.
Hardware compression enabled.

Media Name: "Media created 8/8/2001 12:32:55 PM" Backup of "ORACLE_USWDCMGT02/TEST "
Backup set #1 on storage media #1
Backup set description: "Backup 0008"
Backup Type: NORMAL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit Backup started on 8/8/2001 at 12:37:15 PM. Directory not found. Can not backup directory \DRSYS and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \INDX and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \OEM_REPOSITORY and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \RBS and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \SYSTEM and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \TEMP and its subdirectories.
Directory not found. Can not backup directory \USERS and its subdirectories.
Drive is not responding. Backup set aborted. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Backup completed on 8/8/2001 at 12:38:52 PM. Backed up 0 files in 1 directory.
7 items were skipped.
Processed 0 bytes in 1 minute and 37 seconds. Throughput rate: 0.0 MB/min

Job ended: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 at 12:41:56 PM Job completion status: Failed