DBMS_JOB at 1pm, 3pm and 8:30 pm ???

From: Brian Y. <nosp_at_m>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:30:38 GMT

How do I call DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT such that my procedure runs every weekday at some arbitrary times? Suppose my_proc should run weekdays at 1PM, 3PM and 8:30PM. How could I format the interval string to deal with this? What I DON'T want to do is submit three different jobs -- one for each time. While I realize that's easier, I've discovered there are issues if the database goes down (if it goes down for a whole day, then three jobs try to start at once when it comes back up). Anyway, I just want one job to manage this.

One thing I tried was to write an external function (call it get_next_runtime) that returns a date. So, DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT(job_id, my_proc, sysdate, 'get_next_runtime(sysdate)'). This doesn't seem to work. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance.

B~ Received on Wed Aug 15 2001 - 18:30:38 CDT