Re: Urgent help required

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:06:10 +0200

"LV" <vimala_lourduraj_at_hp.com> wrote

> When I try to run x.sql, I got the error
> ===
> Error accessing package DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
> ERROR:
> ORA-06509: PL/SQL: ICD vector missing for this package
> ORA-06512: at "SUADM.DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO", line 37
> ORA-06512: at line 1
> ===
>
> I tried:
> 1. run catproc.sql from svrmgrl(server manager) as user "internal"
> Then run x.sql.
> The above problem continued for x.sql.
>
> 2. run catproc.sql from svrmgr as user system
> The above problem did not appear for x.sql but it came for some other y.sql.

This does not make a lot of sense. Exactly what does x.sql do? Maybe the problem is within x.sql itself? Or else, the data dictionary is bit of a mess..?

I've never seen the above error and the oerr command on Unix does not turn up anything info about the error code either. The basic assumptions to make I think is:
a) if catproc.sql is installed correctly (with the catalog.sql)

   then PL/SQL works
b) if x.sql is valid PL/SQL, then it will work c) if it does not work, then there is a

   problem in (a) or (b)

So I would think that either the data dictionary is somehow stuffed, or you are running something in your PL/SQL block that causes this error. It could also be that this PL/SQL triggers the error due to a dinkum Oracle bug or an incorrectly configured database (using undocumented config options, incorrect compatibility setting, etc.).

To trace this problem, use baby steps. Write a simply PL/SQL block and test that. Increase the complexity. And test again. I would for example take x.sql and start to uncomment everything but the first step in the PL/SQL block. Then run that, and as each test is successfully passed, uncomment the next step.

Oh yeah - I assume that you have an Oracle support contract? If you are really stuck, why not log a TAR with them? My personal experiences with our local Oracle support has been nothing but excellent in the past.

--
Billy