Re: Performance problem

From: Robert Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:17:04 GMT

Tuning is a complicated process, but you signs are pretty convincing that DB_BLOCK_BUFFER needs increased.

Get these parameters from v$sgastat
select name,value from V$SGASTAT where name class =8;

Find the consistent gets, db block gets and phyical reads. 100-100*(physical reads/(consistent gets+db block gets + physical reads)) if less than 95% increase db_block_buffers.

If less than 70% (I suspect you are below that) Double the number you have. Keep increasing this number (one bouce at a time) until you are greater than 95% for 1 full day.

You can use utlbstat/utlestat to monitor snapshots during the day.