Re: informix/oracle comparison

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:27:08 -0400

Hi Daniel,

I did point to an official whitepaper at the IBM website. So there is no need for me being an official represenative for IBM, the paper should serve well. But if it helps, I spoke to Janet Perna in person mid May, asked her how long we're going to support Informix and she answered something like: Probably until you retire, we still support and enhance IMS. I am 30 - younger than IMS. And I was about 10 when the relation wave started.

When you read the news end of April (I think that was the date?) IBM and Informix were still competitors. This was prior to the Informix shareholder meeting and before SEC cleared the way.
A lot has changed since then and statements can be made a lot clearer, based on a lot more knowledge IBM has about Informix the product and Informix the developers.

Cheers
Serge Received on Sat Jun 16 2001 - 20:27:08 CDT