Re: informix/oracle comparison

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:25:32 -0700

Serge Rielau wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I tried to find an article on CNN w.r.t Informix and IBM, but couldn't find
> one stating what you refer to. Could you please be more specific?
> Note that the whitepaper I refered to is first hand information from the IBM
> webpage. And "plan to support, enhance and sell" is as clear as it gets,
> given that
> the transaction is not yet in effect.
>
> Cheers
> Serge

The item was posted the day the sale was announced. I have seen nothing from any news organization, IBM, or Informix since then.

Are you, officially as a representative of IBM, stating that IBM will continue to support and offer new versions of Informix as an independent product for the foreseeable future? Or are you just playing defense?

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Fri Jun 15 2001 - 19:25:32 CDT