Re: Linking Access 2000 to Oracle 7.3.4.5

From: Michael Brown <mtbkab_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jun 2001 12:03:38 -0700

Turkbear;

I tried to use the MS ODBC but I received the same error message. As soon as I get my hands on the .ora files i will post them. I'm not sure what you mean by version conflict and the description of the error message sounds kinda foreign to me. Remember, I'm not familiar with oracle, odbc's, networks, etc.

Thanks mtb

TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<2g8kitog97q0oiong7a6hd91eoqce8h9dk_at_4ax.com>...
> [...]
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ORA-03121
>
> ORA-03121no interface driver connected - function not performed
>
> Cause:This message occurs usually because the SQL*Net driver is not loaded into
> memory or there is a mismatch of the version of the driver. A user program
> linked with an obsolete library may also cause this message. Only programs
> provided by Oracle Corporation should use this interface.
>
> Action:If the message occurred during use of a program provided by Oracle
> Corporation, contact Worldwide Customer Support. If a user program caused the
> message, relink the program with current versions of the ORACLE libraries.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> hth,
>
> mtbkab_at_yahoo.com (Michael Brown) wrote:
>
> >First of all, I appreciate the responses.
> >
> >I understand that my description of my problem has been vague so
> >I will attempt to explain the problem I'm having as detailed
> >as possible.
> >
> >I am attempting to link access 2000 to an Oracle database (7.3.4.5).
> >The Oracle database is located on an NT server.
> >
> >These are the steps that I have taken.
> >
> >1) I installed Oracle7 ODBC Driver Version 2.5.3.1.7 (32 bit) for
> > Windows NT 4.0/95/98 on a desktop.
> >2) I then went to ODBC Data Sources (32 bit)and clicked add user DSN
> > and selected the Oracle driver I had just installed.
> >3) I entered the following:
> > Data Source Name: Oracle
> > SQL Net Connect String: QTOT
> > User ID: SYSADM
> >4) I then went into access File>Get external data>Link Tables
> >5) I selected in Files of Type ODBC Databases()
> >6) I then selected the data source I created.
> >7) I was prompted for a password, I entered the password and i
> > received the following error:
> >
> > ODBC--Call failed
> >
> > [Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-03121: no interface
> > driver connected - function not performed. (#3121)
> > [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr
> > failed(#0)[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's
> > SQLsetConnect Attr failed (#0)
> >
> >Now I'm not sure if I have loaded the wrong driver or if I need
> >to load something on the server.
> >
> >Any suggestions please?
> >

> >TurkBear <noone_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:<bt42itc4ev0clpjlk79qg42vh48gd90rdn_at_4ax.com>...
> >> Sorry, but you will have to be a little clearer:
> >>
> >> What do you mean by 'can't locate Oracle'?
> >>
> >> In Access 2000
> >> Use
> >> File..External data...Link Tables
> >> select ODBC databases as the type,
> >> Find the DSN for your Oracle database
> >> Use it to pick the table(s) you want to link..
> >> ( this is not a lot different, as I recall, from earlier Access methods)

 Access