Re: Oracle vs Sybase (clarification please)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 22:31:24 +0200

"Bill Long" <bill_at_longboys.net> wrote in message news:3b27909f$1_2_at_news.newzpig.com...
> I came across this link in the sybase group.
> http://www.talusmusic.com/BrainTools/Pages/DOF.html
>
> Could some of you oracle gurus respond to this? I am an intermediate
 Oracle
> guy and pretty light on the sybase side. Lots of the remarks this guy
 makes
> are not even worth reading, but some others appear to be valid points. I
> think he may be talking about an older version of oracle.
>
> Anyway, I would be interested in hearing feedback of some of you studs who
> use both oracle and sybase.
>

> Bill

Luckily most of the page is unreadable (doesn't display correctly) From what I could read from it, I even don't want to reply to it, as most of these 'facts' are simply untrue, and assertions by someone who doesn't seem to know anything about Oracle.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jun 13 2001 - 15:31:24 CDT