Re: Users relationship to a schema...or Why can't I "see" things?

From: David Stidham <DStidham_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:30:27 -0400

Thank you all for your assistance. You've confirmed what I have been "seeing" in my attempts to "see" those tables and other objects owned by the DATA_OWNER user.

There is one other way to avoid using fully qualified names that no one has mentioned;
ALTER SESSION SET SCHEMA=new_schema_name;

This allows the alternate user to then reference the tables and objects of the new_schema_name without fully qualifying them or having to create public synonyms for them. Thought I would share that tidbit in the event that there were any readers that were unaware of this information.

David Received on Mon Jun 04 2001 - 08:30:27 CDT