Re: Universal date/time in Oracle and JDBC

From: Kevin Dean <NkOdSePaAnM_at_datadevelopment.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 19:48:47 GMT

Actually, I think I've found a rather elegant solution to the problem. I'm accessing the database via entity beans and the Application Server is responsible for all of the database manipulation.

In the production environment, the Application Server will be running in UTC, so the problem won't exist. However, it's a problem right now because my development laptop (and therefore development Application Server) are in EDT. Starting the development Application Server with -Duser.timezone=UTC forces all date manipulation into the correct time zone. All is joy and happiness.

--
Remove NOSPAM woven into e-mail address to reply directly.