Oracle8i with large no (thousands) of OLTP users

From: Haitham Nouri <haitham_at_iname.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 11:59:43 GMT

Hi all,

We're planning on running a typical OLTP client server application on oracle8i (8.1.6) with about 3000 to 4000 users, with two connections each. (Yes, a badly designed application, but we've got to deploy it and live with it).
So the expected number of NET8 connections is 6 to 8 thousand. (We can't use parallel server).
Does anyone out there have a similar configuration? What are your sizings, experiences and advice?
Should MTS be used?
We expect to use a fairly large server (20 CPUs, 20 GB RAM -even a bigger server if needed- with EMC).
- What hardware config are you using?

I would be very thankful for any information you could spare about the current configurations/experiences you have.

Regards,

Haitham Received on Fri May 18 2001 - 06:59:43 CDT