Re: Backup and Replication - sync after restore

From: Martin Drautzburg <drautzburg_at_altavista.net>
Date: 19 May 2001 17:42:38 +0200

recently I was in the unlucky situation, that I NEEDED the master backup (a dump). While the master was easily restored, my snapshots now were too much up-to-date. Data that was changed on the master after the dump was pulled may have been replicated already and thus be present on the snaphots while not being present on the restored master: inconsistent.

My only solution was to rebuilt all the snapshots as well. Since basically ALL data is replicated in my system, the snapshots pulled all data from the master again and ended up in a conststent state. Still it was a week of hard work (22 snapshots).

As far as I remember I was not able to simply do a FULL refresh on the snapshots. This problem may be rooted in the fact, that my dump only contained the main user, but not the REPADMIN user, but I'm not sure. I fact I think, doing a FULL refresh should be the way to go, but it didn't work for me. Received on Sat May 19 2001 - 10:42:38 CDT