Re: Create 8.1.7 instance on Win2000 fails, no controlfile

From: Peter Laursen <pl_at_mail1.remove.this.stofanet.dk>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 16:57:46 +0200

Howard J. Rogers skrev i meddelelsen <3af2bdc0_at_news.iprimus.com.au>...
>Hi Peter.
>
>When did you fall under the impression that oradim creates a database
 for
>you??

Well I didnt. I have scripts for create database, running catalog, catproc, app schemas and ...
But im just a developer doing DBA work whenever we need some done, so I tend to forget things from one time to another. Its been 6 months since I last did an oradim on Win2k/8i.

So, now I have (re)discovered that oradim with startmode auto on Win2k/8i will mount (and open?) the database. On Win NT/8.0 it did not. It left it in nomount.

Can you explain to me why it is so? I have read the common Administrators Guide and this difference in oradim behavior is not described as far as i can tell.

/Peter Received on Fri May 04 2001 - 09:57:46 CDT