5 instances = too much ???

From: Feldman Roger <qrarofe_at_era.ericsson.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:50:14 +0200

Oracle People:

I've never had a machine with more than 3 instances. Now we're thinking of going from 3 - 5 instances on a machine that has 2Gig memory. None of the databases are too big- mostly support for apps like rational.

So- when do you hit the limit for instances ? Is there a rule of thumb ?

Thanks,

Roger Received on Wed Apr 18 2001 - 05:50:14 CDT