Re: Oracle Documentation tool... Need your Opinion

From: Richard Sutherland <rvsutherland_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:08:33 -0400

Mark,

Good start! Your sample tablespace DDL does not show options for extendable data files, temp files, etc., so I can not tell if you have covered such syntax.

There are tools out there that have all current syntax ready for your use. For example, if you want to include the DDL for any version of Oracle from 7.3 - 8i (and future versions when released), and/or if you want to include more than just the tablespaces (e.g., profiles, roles, rollback segments, users, database links, etc), and if you have Perl, then you might want to look at the free Perl module DDL::Oracle, available from the CPAN, and from:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/ddl-oracle/

Richard Sutherland
rvsutherland_at_yahoo.com