Re: Oracle Documentation tool... Need your Opinion

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 18:04:46 GMT

a quick critique of parameter values:

increase the log_buffer - 163840 is a good start, 1048576 is typical. your db_block_size is 4096 - but your db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8 - hike it to 16

        as 64 kb / 4 kb = 16
your sort_area_size is only 64 kb - hike it up to 1048576 and the sort_area_retained_size should be half that - 524288 is good.

set your sort_multiblock_read_count = 16 I'd increase the size of the hash area
hash_area_size = 131072 to maybe 1M - it depends on if you're using hash joins, and how much memory is available.

Your control files are on the same hard drive - in the same directory. You're better off if they're on separate physical drives.

hth,

Paul