Re: Oradim & Certification

From: I hate Spam <tbf_at_nospam.stam.dk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:57:24 +0100

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 06:26:46 +1100, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:
>> so i think the default behavior of shutting down the service must be
>> equal to a shutdown immediate and not abort.
>>

>It could well have changed in 8i, and I honestly haven't checked, in which
>case this is news, and thank you. Certainly, in earlier versions it was an
>abort by default. I think the general rule stands, though, that one should
>beware service stopping -because who knows what's in that registry until you
>take the trouble to look? At least, do what you did and *do* take the
>trouble to find out!

couldn't agree more - and by the way I use ORADIM in scripts for the routine task (cold backup etc), but you'll never know when someone for whatever reason decides to shutdown the NT-server. This will in turn activate the NT sevice-stop routine.
Yours Hans Erik Busk
tbf_at_cn.stam.dk Received on Tue Mar 20 2001 - 07:57:24 CST