Re: Killed process not dying

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 19:02:20 +0100

<mmoore96_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:98aop0$bba$1_at_news.netmar.com...
> On our production 7.3.3.6 database (yes, we're planning to upgrade soon).
> I've got a process that won't die. It's marked as KILLED and has been for
> several hours. It just refuses to go away. It's a minor headache as its
> holding an exclusive row lock that is blocking a couple other jobs.
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how to make the process finally die or at least
 give
> up its lock?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Moore

 eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
 groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
abuse_at_newsone.net

On Unix you can use the following statement

set heading off pagesize 0 feedback off newpage 0 spool temp.sql
select 'host kill -9 '||p.spid
from v$process p, v$session s
where s.status = 'KILLED'
and s.paddr = p.addr
/
spool off
set heading on feedback on -- etc
start temp.sql
host rm temp.sql

On NT you can replace kill -9 by orakill

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Fri Mar 09 2001 - 12:02:20 CST