Porting Sybase to Oracle (Procs & Triggers)

From: Randall DuCharme <ARHorseman_at_NOSPAMcox-internet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 18:31:18 -0600

Greetings,

I'm trying to get a database ported to Oracle 8.1.5 and seem to be having a bit of difficulty finding equivalients for Sybase constructs used in triggers and stored procedures.

My main boggle seems to be with the Sybase variables:
@@ERROR
@@ROWCOUNT
@@TRANSTATE
Any tips/hints someone can share in porting these things to Oracle would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

--
Randall D DuCharme  (KD5IZI)  Proud to be 100% Microsoft Free!

Unsolicited commercial email (SPAM) received at this email address
will not be tolerated.  All spam is subject to a $200 per incident
processing fee and possible legal action pursuant to US Code, Title
47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, p.227.