Re: Hiding password on the server side

From: GC <assistant_madman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:13:39 GMT

SaraN wrote:

> Currently I are running some Sql scripts for certain data feeds. While
> this is feed is on, users logged onto this machine are able view my
> database passwords by doing a ps - ef on the system.
>
> I would like to hide the password. I vaguely remember a hide.c function
> which would enable me to do this. Am I right. If I am where would I find
> it. Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Another way (aside from those mentioned) is to have a password file (username/password). Chmod the file 600. You can then run 'cat passwdfile sql_script | sqlplus > outfile &' to run your job. This will hide the password and you don't have to worry about hard-coded passwords in all of your sql scripts.

Cheers,
GC Received on Tue Feb 27 2001 - 18:13:39 CST