Re: Oracle 8i and ODBC connection problem

From: ziggs <no email>
Date: 26 Feb 2001 11:56:04 -0600

Niall, thanks for reply! I'm a bit confused. The server that has the Oracle DB has ASP's working perfectly. The ASP on that server shows the connection string of:

set my_conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") my_conn.Open "psystem", "username", "password"

Thus, on second server, I set up psystem for the ODBC and setup the tnsnames.ora the same way. Now, I copied and pasted the same ASP from working server to second server. I did not change a thing to that ASP, but I receive the forementioned error that a DNS was not found. So, I believe that I set up the DSN properly, but I'm probably missing something very simple. Thanks for your help.