Re: Oracle 8i and ODBC connection problem

From: ziggs <no email>
Date: 26 Feb 2001 01:56:03 -0600

Good point Sybrand. Here it is

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

/ServerB14/detail.asp, line 85

Also, and if it helps out, I think I have the tnsnames.ora set up correctly and the ODBC set up right since I can get to the Oracle DB from Access and Crystal Reports.

I don't understand the tnsping, but tried this. I opened up a command prompt, typed

tnsping ServerA14 with no luck (the server that has the oracle DB and then
tnsping 10.1.2.11 with no luck (that same server's ip)

Does that mean anything?

Also, our techie people tried to use a different server to connect to the oracle DB server that has ASP working fine, but they could not get an ASP to connect to the DB server either. Someone reinstalled Oracle 8.1.7 on my Server again, but didn't map the drive to the oracle setup program. I asked them to reinstall again after they map the drive but they think it's a waste of time. The only reason I mention it is because I saw a past post mentioning to map the drive first.