Training question?

From: Myron Murff <myron_at_delphi.bsd.uchicago.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:09:49 -0800

Please forgive me if I have posted this question in the wrong group. I am a SYBASE dba with 3yrs experience. I am about to start Oracle training. According to the Oracle Training site, for Enterprise DBAs, the suggested order of training is:

41015_TCC Introduction to Oracle for Experienced SQL Users - $1560.00 30049_TCC Enterprise DBA Part 1A: Architecture and Administration - $2000.00

30050_TCC  Enterprise DBA Part 1B: Backup and Recovery - $2000.00
30052_TCC  Enterprise DBA Part 2: Performance and Tuning - $2500.00
30051_TCC  Enterprise DBA Part 3: Network Administration - $1000.00
23015_TCC  Data Modeling and Relational Database Design - $1960.00

The way classes are scheduled in the Chicagoland area I would not be able to take the "Introduction" course until April, yet "Part1A" is available next week (02/26/01). I was told by an Oracle staffer, whom I was connected with after asking for someone who could answer questions regarding training and classes, that the Introduction was not really necessary for someone with SQL experience and that I should feel compfortable starting at "DBA Part 1A". Does anyone here have any feelings/concerns or cautions about this? Will I end up having a lot of unfamiliar terms and concepts thrown at me if I fore go the "Introduction"

Myron Received on Wed Feb 21 2001 - 17:09:49 CST