Re: Training question?

From: John Jones <john.jones_at_duke.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:54:19 -0500

It really depends on you "depth" of knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL. I was a Oracle Certified Teacher in a past life and I hated it when students did not have the basic SQL part down. You could probably make it, but know that SQL is not SQL. Sybase SQL is different than Oracle SQL. You must know Oracle SQL to do just about anything. If you can not write a proper Oracle select or join then you will be left behind quickly.

--
John Jones
Senior Oracle DBA