Re: Changing Character Set

From: kurt <kurti_at_kurti.cc>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:41:15 +0100

             Re: Character Set
        Date:
             Tue, 20 Feb 2001 02:39:26 GMT
        From:
             "Patrick Hamou" <hamoup_at_dbsols.com>
 Newsgroups:
             comp.databases.oracle.server

there are 5 levels for NLS parameters :

1 - at the database creation, you can check them by the query :

select *
from nls_database_parameters;

2 - The parameters found at the database level are overwriten by the registry
3 - witch is then overwriten at the instance level :

select *
from nls_instance_parameters;

4 - overwriten at the session level

select *
from nls_session_parameters;

5 - and finally at the function level :

select to_date('asdf', 'dd.mm.yyyy', nls...)

regards,

Patrick Hamou
principal consultant
www.dbsols.com

"CSC" <jcheong_at_cooper.com.hk> wrote in message news:96sipj$9mt4_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
> May I know how to check what character set is using in the current Oracle
> Server?
>

> --
> e-Consultant
> http://www.asl.com.hk/employment.htm
> http://www.eroom.com

I found this article, which is much more precise then my one. kurt :-)