Re: Create Database, ORA-01031 Insufficient Privileges

From: Marian <mfarkas7_at_optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 04:29:45 GMT

I'm new to oracle also, but i know a little. User INTERNAL will not be available with future versions, so if you have 8i, it might be your case. If this is a brand new database, try to login as sys/change on install.
hope this help

  "Nate Croston" <ncroston_at_cceb.med.upenn.edu> wrote in message news:3A8C0203.C6EACCA_at_cceb.med.upenn.edu...   I am new to Oracle and I am having a problem creating a new database. I made an init.ora file and I also created a new service for my database (Windows NT) and the service is started. I have two problems:

    a.. I write the command SET ORACLE SID=COIN and according to the registry, the command doesn't take. I can only manually set the ORACLE SID from the registry.

    b.. Next I connect to the Server Manager. When I try to connect Internal/Oracle I get the error message ORA-01031 Insufficient Privileges.
  I don't understand why I don't have privileges for something that I didn't set permissions on yet. Does anyone know what to do about this?

  Nate