Re: Oracle vs DB2 vs MySQL - Which should I use?

From: Ed Vassie, BMC Software Ltd <Edward_Vassie_at_BMC.Com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:51:24 GMT

I think you need to decide on what aspects are important for your site, and then review the database choices.

When you have established the priority order for the following (plus anything else important to you) then you can get a more meaningful evaluation.

etc etc etc. Depending on how you rank these, you will get a different answer as to the best DBMS for you. If all you want is a few hundred rows that are mainly read-only, a handful of users, and have an open mind about data integrity, try MS-Access. If you are thinking of more than 100 Gb and more than 100 users, just look at DB2 or Oracle (and maybe Sybase or Informix if you think they have vendor stability).

--
All information given is a personal opinion.
You are responsible for any changes to your environment.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/