Re: To follow responders -- building an FAQ

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:03:49 GMT

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:50:14 -0600, "Spencer" <spencerp_at_swbell.net> wrote:

>I welcome the idea of building a resource to help deal with the number
>of repeated questions that are posted in the newsgroup. But, IMHO, it
>is wishful thinking to believe that providing a FAQ is going to cut down
>the number of repeated questions that are posted to this newsgroup.

PMFJI, but I agree with this. I frequent another very busy NG with hundreds of posters per day. There is a FAQ for that BG, well publicised and in the signature line of most of the posters. Yet, we keep getting the same questions over and over. Fact of life: the FAQ won't change a thing.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 06:03:49 CST