Help : REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE = SIGNATURE

From: David <snapkad_at_post.cz>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:51:32 +0100

I have a problem with calling stored procedures in database Oracle Server 7.2
from Forms 6i. It seems that database uses REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE = TIMESTAMP,
because I always received error with timestamp at compiled form while I had changed
and recompiled stored procedure that form is calling a didn't recompiled form simultaneously.

I really can't recompile all sources each time I change something in any stored procedure.
I had searched manuals and found that I can set initial database parametr REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE instead TIMESTAMP to SIGNATURE and It would probably solved my problem but you can set this parametr only to Oracle8
and Oracle 7.2 whitch I use doesn't know this.

Could someone help me please to avoid checking TIMESTAMPs. It is really importent to me. But do not advice me to upgrade database to Oracle8
because our application is made in character forms30 and you can't run it at Oracle8
at all. Only small part of our system is made in developer2000 6i that makes my headache.

I would really appreciate any help and suggestions. Maybe Sybrand Bakker knows the sollution and mights help me instead of nagging people for crossposting. :)

Thanx

David Received on Thu Jan 18 2001 - 04:51:32 CST