Sun/Veritas question

From: Dirk Kiehne <dirk_at_liberate.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:42:07 GMT

Hi to all,

I'm trying to install OPS on two Sun systems and a D1000 array I've pretty much got things setup. My problem is when I install Oracle 8.1.7 and attempt to create the database.

I've setup the Array (D1000) with Veritas VxVm and created several 600Mb volumes. I then shared the oracledg (diskgroup) that they were in, in the cluster so that they appear to both nodes.

When I then, after installing 8.1.7, create the database with the script from the output of dbassist, I get the following:

SVRMGR>      2>      3>      4>      5>      6>      7>      8>
9>     10>
    11>     12> CREATE DATABASE "liberate"
*
ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed
ORA-00200: controlfile could not be created
ORA-00202: controlfile: '/dev/vx/rdsk/oracledg/op_control1.clt'
ORA-27041: unable to open file

SVR4 Error: 6: No such device or address Additional information: 1
SVRMGR> Disconnected.
SVRMGR> SVRMGR> Server Manager complete.

I have checked the permissions on the volumes and they are all owned by "oracle" with group "oinstall". That file, op_control.clt does exist in that directory and it is supposed to represent a Veritas volume on the array.

What am I doing wrong?? Any ideas at all??

Thanks in advance for any leads.
-Dirk Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 21:42:07 CST