Login delay

From: <timf97_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 00:33:12 GMT

I have installed Oracle 8.1.6 Enterprise Server on a laptop with the following specs:
800 MHz
Pentium III
256M memory
20G HD

The probnlem is that logging into the database takes app. 13 sec. every time I have to open a new session (SQLPlus, DBA Studio, or whatever).

I know that it doesn't sound like much, but I have an application that needs to login everytime that it puts out an HTML page, and 13 seconds plus the actual DB access does end up being a long time.

Does anybody have suggestions or know where documentation on this would be located? Received on Tue Jan 16 2001 - 18:33:12 CST