Re: Sun/Veritas question

From: Dave Haas <davehaas_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:41:21 -0700

Hi Dirk.

You are trying to create the controlfile AS the volumn name, not ON the volume (that's what it looks like anyway). The controlfiles are NOT supposed to exist at database creation time. They are created by the "create database ..." command, in the directories (and given the names) that are specified in your init<SID>.ora :)

HTH, Dave Haas