Beating the 255 variable DECODE fn - 8.1.6

From: <josn_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:42:37 GMT

Hello,
I am a newbie in PL/SQL and one task I am trying to accomplish is "transpose" data in a table to a view for reporting purposes. The data is stored in the format

Name Value

IssueID          1000
Assigned to      Fred

IssueID 1001

I have successfully managed to use DECODE to transpose it but I am running into the 255 variable limit. Does anyone have a possible workaround to this apart from splitting the DECODE into 2 views then creating a third view to join them?

Thanks,
-Jos

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 11:42:37 CST