Re: how to startup ORACLE DB under unix

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 17:54:46 GMT

In our last gripping episode ouaatchane76_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> how do access to server manager (srvmgrl) in order to execute the
> startup command (i use oracle 8.0.4 under SCO Openserver 5).
> thanks
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Apparently you have an aversion to reading the manuals.

You need to set up your environment to point to $ORACLE_HOME/bin so the shell can find svrmgrl. You also need to be connected as 'oracle' so you have the requisite permissions to start the database.

Read the documentation. It's there for a reason.

--
David Fitzjarrell
Oracle Certified DBA

Sent via Deja.com