Re: import trouble

From: Boris Izotov <ibw_at_imail.dc.ukrtel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:47:23 +0200

David Fitzjarrell wrote in message <93n6ff$eem$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In our last gripping episode "Boris Izotov" <ibw_at_imail.dc.ukrtel.net>
>wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I have got trouble with import - ora-02218 invalid INITIAL storage
 option
>> value.
>> The first idea came to me was create tables manually, but anyway
 import gets
>> the same error and skip all data for this tables. I tried use full
 database
>> import and specified tables.
>>
>> Storage parameters for these tables -
>> .... STORAGE(INITIAL 2147483648 NEXT 209715200 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS
>> 2147483645 PCTINCREASE 0 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1)
>>
>> Manually I created with smallest initial extent, but import fails in
 any
>> case.
>>
>> Server - Oracle 7.3.4.4.0, Windows NT 4.0 Server EE
>> Client - Oracle 7.3.4.4 | 7.3.4.5 Windows NT Server 4.0
>>
>> What should I do for import finish successfully?
>>
>> Boris
>>

>Since you've created the tables prior to importing the data, and you
>claim that import still fails, I can only presume that you are not
>specifying ignore=y as a command-line option or choosing to ignore
>create errors whilst in interactive mode.

I created export file with compress=n (I saw advice in article above and I know what does it mean - my tables big enough - 5..10 Gb) option and I specified ignore=y option
for importing. But anyway I have the same error for manually created tables and
for the ones created by import - ora-02218. I think the problem is that import utility checks syntax and semantics first and then checks is table exists and after error ora-2218 import continue with the next table. All constraints are disabled, Primary key does not exists yet.

>I have yet to have import fail to populate an existing table, although
>I have experienced situations where data could not be inserted into a
>table due to primary key constraint violations. These, however, will
>not cause the import to fail. The import will simply complete with
>errors.

Sorry, I meant import completed with errors, not failed. But it was unsuccessfull - tables was not imported.

>Please inform us as to the nature of the failure. Knowing this
>information proper and appropriate assistance can be made available to
>you.
>
>--
>David Fitzjarrell
>Oracle Certified DBA
>

>Sent via Deja.com
>http://www.deja.com/

Thank you
Boris Received on Fri Jan 12 2001 - 10:47:23 CST