Oracle Install Hell on Linux...

From: <dejatype_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 05:42:08 GMT

Both of Oracle 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 fail on Mandrake 7.2 saying that JRE was not found at %/bin/jre (where % is some weird looking garbage character printed by ./runInstaller in the install/linux directory). I have tried all version of JRE and JDK starting from 1.1.8_v3 all the way to the very latest from javasoft.com. No luck! Does this garbage character in the expected path of JRE give a clue?

Also, I can't run ./runInstaller from the 8.1.6 or 8.1.7 install's top level directory (e.g. /mnt/cdrom). I get a message: bash: ./runInstaller: No such file or directory. I have to cd to install/linux directory and run ./runInstaller present there. And it gives the message about JRE quoted above.

I have tried to follow direction in the install guide and also what's on jordan.fortwayne.com. No luck!

Please help....

Regards,
Mark.

Sent via Deja.com