Re: Oracle Install Hell on Linux...

From: KTyson9426 <ktyson9426_at_aol.com>
Date: 14 Jan 2001 23:17:59 GMT

I had the same issue. I'm running Oracle 8i on Red Hat 6.2. The Oracle site says to go to www.baldown.org and grab the jre 1.1.6v5. It's a simple tar file, once it's untar'ed link it to /usr/local/jre and edit the path according to the documentation. I also had problems with ruinning the runIstall.sh, I found the runIst.sh works. I forget the location but just do a find. Good Luck Received on Sun Jan 14 2001 - 17:17:59 CST