Re: Table DNE.. but it does!

From: Matthew Fuller <matthewlf_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:25:44 GMT

In article <9320ps$929$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   salmon321_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> As a user, I ran a script that created a number of tables and
 packages.
> There was a minor error on one of the packages (I didn't have the
 proper
> Oracle packages installed), and it said table created for each of the
> tables.
>
> Well, when I try to do a select * from {table}, I get a 'table or view
> does not exist error'... but the tables are listed in all places I
> looked in the data dictionary, with the user that created them as the
> owner. But when I try to re-create them, I get 'table already exists'
> errors. And I can't drop them, because I get the DNE message.
>
> Doing these queries with SYS results in the same behaviour. How can I
> fix these up? What caused it in the first place?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sounds to me like you have some synonyms that are muddying the water, or you have other objects with the same name. Execute the following as SYS or your DBA account:

SELECT Owner, Object_Name, Object_Type FROM all_objects WHERE Object_Name = '<table_name>';

That may shed some light on it.

HTH. Matt.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 13:25:44 CST