Export File Not importable becuase a SYS package error

From: <sean_at_cnfei.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 19:01:47 GMT

Hi, Everyone,

Our system: Sun sparc Solaris 8 Oracle EE 8.1.6.2

Problem:
After I ran ?/rdbms/catrep.sql (to create Replication packages ) with lots
of errors, Full Exported file not importable: In export log files, some warnings like the following:

. exporting pre-schema procedural objects and actions
EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4068 encountered
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04063: package body "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_EXP" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 1
EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling
SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_EXP.schema_info_exp
. exporting cluster definitions

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 4068 encountered
ORA-04068: existing state of packages has been discarded
ORA-04063: package body "SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_EXP" has errors
ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
ORA-06512: at line 1
EXP-00083: The previous problem occurred when calling
SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_EXP.schema_info_exp
. exporting user history table
. exporting default and system auditing options
. exporting statistics

Export terminated successfully with warnings

After the export, I couldn't use the exported file to import a table or anything,
it always terminated with similar warning: " PL/SQL package has been discarded ....".

The following solutions I tried didn't help: 1. I dropped all SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_XXXX packages ( related to Replication),
but still got warning " Oracle error 6550, SYS.DBMS_REPCAT_RGT_EXP must

   be declared .......".
2. I can run export at USER level and the file is importable ( even though export still got the same warning).

Question:
How can get ride of these export warnings? If I do a UPGRADE, I think these
warnings
will be still there, because I can't do export/import, I can't remake the System Datafile
without creating a new database --------( recovering System tablespace to the previous state before I ran catrep.sql is impossible because I have got this problem for a while).

Any suggestions and advises are greatly appreciated.

sean zhang
sean_at_cnfei.com

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 05 2001 - 13:01:47 CST