Re: Table DNE.. but it does!

From: <salmon321_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 20:13:25 GMT

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried that, and came up with the single object being in the data dictionary: correct owner, correct name and correct type (TABLE).

It seems similar to some other posts, where people suggested making sure the correct privileges were set for the table. However, when I try to set the privileges, I get the table or view does not exist message.

Any other ideas?

In article <932inb$qg7$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Matthew Fuller <matthewlf_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <9320ps$929$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> salmon321_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > As a user, I ran a script that created a number of tables and
 packages.
> > There was a minor error on one of the packages (I didn't have the
 proper
> > Oracle packages installed), and it said table created for each of the
> > tables.
> >
> > Well, when I try to do a select * from {table}, I get a 'table or view
> > does not exist error'... but the tables are listed in all places I
> > looked in the data dictionary, with the user that created them as the
> > owner. But when I try to re-create them, I get 'table already exists'
> > errors. And I can't drop them, because I get the DNE message.
> >
> > Doing these queries with SYS results in the same behaviour. How can I
> > fix these up? What caused it in the first place?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com
> > http://www.deja.com/
> >

> Sounds to me like you have some synonyms that are muddying the water,
> or you have other objects with the same name. Execute the following as
> SYS or your DBA account:
>
> SELECT Owner, Object_Name, Object_Type FROM all_objects
> WHERE Object_Name = '<table_name>';
>
> That may shed some light on it.
>
> HTH.
>
> Matt.