Re: ORACLE Initialization

From: Brian McKerr <bmckerr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 20:24:54 +1000

You have not opened the database by the looks of things, instead of 'startup mount' just do 'startup', alternatively you could do 'alter database open' after 'startup mount'. Basically, you should very rarely ever have to stop the database from opening by using 'startup mount', when doing recovery or changing archivelog mode.

So, in summary, use;

'startup'

cheers,

Brian.