Re: Performance problems with Oracle EE 8iR2 on 64 Bit Solaris

From: Alexander Penev <penev_at_cska.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 22:41:50 GMT

> > are the init.ora parameter:
> > open_cursors = 100
> > max_enabled_roles = 30
> > db_block_size = 16384
> > db_block_buffers = 10240
>
> You have 4GB RAM and only 160MB SGA ?!!

We wanted to investigate the performance influence of the db buffer cache,so we tested with many different values and forget to set it back to a "normal" value. We could not see some performance influence for write intensive operations

> > db_file_multiblock_read_count=32
> > db_writer_processes = 3
> > shared_pool_size = 160000000
> > large_pool_size = 614400
> > java_pool_size = 0
>
> It's also strange to me. It seems that java_pool_size must be > 0.

The java packages are not installed. Oracle has set this parameter to 0 by itself.