Re: Performance problems with Oracle EE 8iR2 on 64 Bit Solaris

From: Viacheslav Leichinsky <v_leichinsky_at_ittoolbox.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:42:44 GMT

In article <91kl70$gu2$1_at_leech.it-austria.net>,   "Alexander Penev" <peneva_at_wien.spardat.at> wrote:
> Hi,
> We use a Sun E10k domain with 2 CPU Sparc 450, 4 GB RAM and a T3 Disk
> Storage array (9x18G) for our DB Instance: 8.1.6.0.0 without a patch.
 We
> have a very write intensive app (loading and procesing data of some
 gigs per
> day with about a total of 50-60 GB data tablespaces and about 100 mio
 recs)
> We migrated to the sun plattform mainly for performance reasons (from
> NT/Compaq) Now we have a performance increase of about 100% (the old
 mashine
> is a PP200/256MB/8 disks with 5400 rps and >12ms access time)
> For the investment that we made that's absolutely unacceptable.

You have performance gain which equals to increasing of processor speed - from 200 to 450 MHz. It's not so bad :)

> are the init.ora parameter:
> open_cursors = 100
> max_enabled_roles = 30
> db_block_size = 16384
> db_block_buffers = 10240

You have 4GB RAM and only 160MB SGA ?!!

> db_file_multiblock_read_count=32
> db_writer_processes = 3
> shared_pool_size = 160000000
> large_pool_size = 614400
> java_pool_size = 0

It's also strange to me. It seems that java_pool_size must be > 0.

Regards,
Slava.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Dec 19 2000 - 03:42:44 CST