Re: What Oracle Product?

From: John Alexander <jalexander_at_summitsoftwaredesign.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 19:20:13 GMT

Yes, you'll want Oracle8i Personal Edition. You can download it free for evaluation/development from http://technet.oracle.com/software/index.htm

If you don't want to deal with downloading it, you can get a CD pack for $40 +$10S/H with the suite of database products. Again, that is for evaluation/development purposes.

I think the license for Personal Oracle is around $300, but you don't need to buy that unless you're deploying a production application.