Re: SLOW CONNECT TIME

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 14:32:10 -0500

One thing to check is whether Oracle Trace is turned on. I remember there was an article on this on Metalink. Oracle Trace is turned on by default during installation. I am not positive how to turn it off. They say you need to delete all *.dat files from otrace/admin or use EPC_DISABLED.

Another thing - check whether tracing/loggin is turned on. It is possible, f.e., that you've got a huge listener.log file and it takes time to log the connection attempt there. Try turning everything off first and see if it makes a difference.

Something else to try - if you have a lot of databases handled by the same listener - start it on a different port.

One more thing to try - replace host names by IP addresses. If this speeds the things up, look if you have a problem with DNS.

If you are using Oracle Names, there can be more issues.

Regards
Karen