Re: Oracle RDBMS performance on multiprocessor systems. [Q]

From: Linda Berry <linda.berry_at_aerospace.bfg.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:11:14 -0500

        I used to see this statement in the past, but it was a     reference to parallel execution services, not multiple processors.     In effect, it is not worth configuring parallel processing,     which splits a single operation up and allows multiple processors     to work on it in parallel, at less than 4 cpus.

        Many non-technical people hear this and don't     understand that multiple operations will still be distributed     across all available cpus by the operating system.