Oracle RDBMS performance on multiprocessor systems. [Q]

From: Miroslaw Ryba <miroslaw.ryba_at_marine.csiro.au>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:52:35 +1100

 Hello Everyone,

 I have recently heard an opinion that the Oracle database engine  does not take full benefit of multiple processor hardware until  the number of processors reaches four.
 I am not sure if this statement was ment to describe a general  property of Oracle RDBMS or some particular hardware+OS+Oracle  combination.

 Is there anyone on this list who could share some experience or  knowledge in this area?

 We are currently planning purchase of a new Sun Enterprise Server  to host large database and would very much appreciate any advice.

 Regards,

 Miroslaw Ryba,
 Oracle DBA
 CSIRO - Marine Research
 Hobart, Australia. Received on Sun Nov 05 2000 - 21:52:35 CST