sqlplus wrapper for history & editing

From: <bryan_w_taylor_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 18:28:50 GMT

I just stumbled across a GPL'd wrapper for sqlplus that uses the FSF's readline library to implement command history and better command line editing. This readline wrapper was written by Angus Mackay in 1999, but there's no documentation other than the c code comments. It's at:

http://www.orafaq.com/scripts/c_src/sqlpp.txt

Unfortunately, I've never worked with readline before and I'm doing something wrong, because the wrapper doesn't accept input correctly for me. I did get it to compile, and readline seems to kickoff and launch the sqlplus child process, but when I enter the username, the program just ends. Using username/password arguments just results in "SQL>" scrolling endlessly down my page.

Has anybody used the above utility?

Does anybody who has programmed with the readline library have advice on how to configure it?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Nov 04 2000 - 12:28:50 CST