Re: Typical DB install - security risk?

From: <michaeljenc_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 07:43:27 GMT

In article <svi6k6gts2fgd3_at_news.supernews.com>,   jrevenn_at_emory.edu wrote:

> I just installed the typical database during an Oracle 8i
> installation on a Windows 2000 server.
Check to only run Release 2 of 8i for Win2k.

> noticed that a lot of users have been created for me. My very newbie
> question is, which accounts can I delete and which accounts must I
> keep? There is SYS (password:change_on_install). I'm assuming that I
> am supposed to change this password and keep the account?
Yes.

> I keep hearing a lot about Scott (password:tiger(?)).
> Yes he is on my system, but his password isn't
> 'tiger'. I don't know what it is, but I can't login to DBA studio
> with his account. I suspect I'm doing something wrong. Can I delete
> this account?

Yes, you can delete it. (Password is 'tiger')

> [...lot of stuff deleted...]

I think you should first read a good book about Oracle or attend a course. Administering Oracle is not that easy as handling an MS Access database...

Bye
Michael

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 02:43:27 CDT