Re: ORA-00602

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 02:06:57 +1000

"Walter T Rejuney" <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote in message news:39EDCD47.27E2DF2A_at_Unforgetable.com...
> "Tomasz G." wrote:
>
> > > Based on the limited information you have provided the error message
 means
 that
> > > the database cannot process the query. Since we don't know what the
 query
 is,
> > > we cannot offer better help.
> >
> > Ok. Query is simple and look like:
> > SELECT Name FROM Table WHERE Name<'G' ORDER BY Name DESC
> >
> > On column name is created index (not unique, not bitmap).
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> If you have a table named "table" then you have some problems that you'll
 have
> to deal with.
>
> Try your query this way:
>
> select "Name" from "Table" where "Name" < 'G' order by "Name" DESC;
>
> This presupposes that the column "Name" really is mixed case and that
 "Table" is
> really mixed case. In your query, the name of the table should appear
 EXACTLY
> like it would if you queried the DBA_TABLES view and the column name
 should be
> exactly the same as it would appear in DBA_TAB_COLUMNS.
>
> By the way, it is dangerous to name a table "Table" since this is probably
> reserved word in Oracle and I wouldn't be surprised if "Name" weren't also
> considered to be a reserved word.

I think he was trying to generalise, Walter.

Personally, any time I see an Oracle 600 error message, I always think it time to call customer support without even a second thought. It's an internal error that Oracle should know about. Let them do the diagnosis (God knows they charge enough).

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Oct 20 2000 - 11:06:57 CDT